HEALTH COACHING FOR HEALTHY, HAPPY EMPLOYEES
We all know that the majority of today’s diseases are up to 80% lifestyle related. People (and employers) are needlessly spending money on illnesses that could be prevented with different lifestyle choices. Investing in your team’s health can boost morale, increase employee productivity and improve overall job satisfaction. According to the article, “Five Reasons Employee Wellness is Worth the Investment” found at health.gov, wellness programs yielded:
- an average of 10.3 hours in additional productivity annually and saved their companies an average of $353 per person per year in productivity costs compared to non-participants
- a return on investment equal to a range of approximately $2 to $4 saved per dollar spent on the program.
- reduction in the average sick leave, health plan, and workers’ compensation and disability insurance costs of approximately 25 percent.
- improvements in physical activity; higher fruit and vegetable consumption; lower fat intake; and a reduction in body weight, cholesterol levels, and blood pressure.
Why don’t people do what they should for their health? People are complicated and each one is unique, but there are psychology based strategies employed in health coaching that can help any person change behaviors and habits to support health. Along with helping people to develop a positive mindset for behavior change, clients need the right information and skills to implement lifestyle changes. As a Certified Health Coach and Certified Clinical Nutritionist, it is my job to motivate, inspire, educate and guide your employees to be empowered to improve their health.
From on-site workshops and seminars to personal coaching, my programs are effective. They are easy to implement and each one strives to help your team understand that lifestyle changes can be easy and fun.
CORPORATE WELLNESS COACHING
A Health Coach can come to your office location on a regular basis to work with employees individually to successfully coach them through positive lifestyle change and the development of long-term healthier habits. Individual coaching is where the thinking that is holding people back from positive change can be identified and discussed. Health coaching is where the real transformation takes place and where people gain motivation and confidence to alter their lifestyle.
- Coaching in English and Spanish
- HIPPA compliant confidential coaching records
- On-line appointment scheduler for clients to schedule coaching appointments
- Phone (voice or text) and e-mail contact for coaching clients to connect with their coach
- 12 support e-mails for making healthy lifestyle choices sent on a timed schedule to coaching clients giving valuable information about shopping, fitness, developing the mindset for behavior change, etc.
- A minimum of a 4 hour appointment block for each on-site visit
- Investment will vary based on length of individual appointments and number of sessions each employee chooses to have. For example:
Opportunities may exist to submit claims for health coaching to insurance.
Generally coaching clients may meet with the health coach every 2, 3 or 4 weeks based on their need. Some clients may only need one session with the health coach where others may desire to have on-going support and accountability over many months.
LUNCH & LEARN PRESENTATIONS
A wellness professional will arrive at your office with an interactive, informative and most importantly, actionable presentation. Your employees will gain insight and helpful tips on how to improve their lifestyle habits.
- 45 min Power Point Presentation
- Time for staff Q&A
- Handouts, samples of foods for cooking classes
Will vary based on company needs including:
- Topic: prepared or customized (See webinar topics for examples)
- Group size: Can accommodate small, mid-sized and large groups
- Office location
DIGITAL COACHING PROGRAM
A comprehensive wellness-coaching site is availablefor those who learn best by absorbing information at their own pace. For a per person subscription price of $10 per month, employees may have access to:
“Sick and Tired, to Healthy and Inspired: 9 Steps to Prevent Lifesyle Related Disease” by Abby Wilson Kurth, MPH, MS, CCN, which is a step by step by step guidebook to making lifestyle changes easily and successfully.
E-newsletters are sent at regular intervals to enrollees and contain tips for developing a mindset for change as well as practical information and tips for putting healthy eating and regular activity into action. Newsletter topics are:
- Moving Toward Healthy Eating
- Putting Together a Healthy Meal
- Get a Move On!
- Shopping Made Easy
- Endurance Activity
- Beneficial Breakfast
- Strength Training
- Lunch is in the Bag
- Stretching Feels Good
- Dinner Time
- Stress Management
Available 24/7 to subscribers, these webinars provide valuable information and skills to help people understand how to begin making health changes.
- Managing Stress
- Nutrition 101
- Goal Setting: Succeeding in Your Wellness Journey
- The Whys of a Healthy Lifestyle
- Intro to Vitamins and Minerals
- Eat, Drink, and Be Happier
- Why Can’t I Lose Weight?
- Healthy Eating for a Healthy Weight
- Change Your Mind, Change Your Health
- Low Carb Cooking Class
Individual + Digital Coaching
Incorporating live coaching into the digital platform facilitates accountability and helps address each individual’s mindset and challenges.
- Unlimited access to digital coaching portal.
- Personal on-site, phone or Skype sessions for additional motivation, support and accountability.
Based on employee participation and coaching session duration.
CORPORATE CLIENT TESTIMONIAL:
Thank you so very much for the service that you provide; without the help of Abby, I may have never fully understood the urgency of becoming fit again. With her help, I was able to initiate and stick to an exercise plan 7 days a week and integrated a vegan diet into my lifestyle.
Abby Kurth, MPH, MS Nutrition
Certified Clinical Nutritionist & Certified Wellness Coach