If you feel like you need to improve your health but feel totally overwhelmed with where to start, this post is for you. People always go into making lifestyle changes with the idea that it’s all about denial. “I can’t have the foods I love.” “I have to exercise”.
Here are some simple ideas that you can add to your busy life (and they will add years to your life!).
5 Super Easy Healthy Habits to Adopt
- Buy only foods that have 5 ingredients or less. Better yet, buy foods that don’t even have a label. People have lost weight with the 5 ingredient rule as their only change so this can be powerful.
- Add 1 vegetable/fruit to your meals each day. It’s amazing how many people don’t come close to getting the minimum of 5 servings of vegetables/fruit per day and how much better they feel when they add more vegetables and plant foods to their diet.
- Take only 2 minutes toward a habit. Even if you only tie your tennis shoes or dust off the treadmill in the 2 minute time slot, you will get into the habit of getting the exercise ball rolling and soon you’ll want to roll with the ball.
- Drink 1 extra glass of water each day. Granted, some recommend 8 8-ounce glasses (64 ounces) per day, but one glass is a start.
- Take 1 minute to be in the present. Be mindful of yourself and the beauty of nature around you.
Add in some healthy thoughts like “I get to take care of myself” or “I am becoming a healthy person” then you definitely will be a winner in this game of a long and satisfying life. Let me know if you give it a try!